ABOUT LOOK SOCIETY
Look Society an NGO was started in Rudraprayag District of Uttarakhand in 2010 with the vision and mission of promoting sustainable rural livelihoods, women empowerment, eco-tourism and other emerging development context specific issues. Look Societies primary area of intervention is focused towards the development of Uttarkhand, especially towards working in remote and most backward areas of the State.However our long term focus would be to work in all part of the country on issues related to community based programs, environment, eco – tourism and sustainable livelihood.
- Dynamic team ready to take up implementation programmes in any inaccessible and remote areas.
- Highly affordable to suit budget of various institutions.
- Integrating development issues with disaster risk reduction, governance and community mobilization.
- Work in partnership with Government, CSOs and Corporate.
- Focus on quality deliveryof community based programs on environment, eco – tourism and sustainable livelihood.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ORGANISATION
- To work on Sustainable livelihood that includes Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry, Fishery, Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Soil Conservation, Watershed, Rain Water Harvesting, Local Art and Craft, handicrafts and Handloom, Organic Agriculture, Bee-Keeping, Forest and Non-timber forest products.
- To organize training, workshop, prepare information education and communication (IEC) materials like banner, poster, street plays, manuals, etc for awareness generation, information dissemination and enhance and build the capacities of local communities.
- To raise awareness regarding safe drinking water, improved sanitation and hygiene. Organize health and hygiene camps, AIDS awareness, to promote traditional healing and medicinal practices.
- To raise the knowledge levels and develop skill in computer education, beauty parlor, sewing, hospitality management, etc.
- To promote and develop local agro and non agro based rural industrial products by enhancing backward and forward linkages.
- Promote organization of forums such societies, mandals and association of Women, youth and workers with a View to undertake collective activities for socio-economic Development
- Organize educational and vocational training programme with special concern for deprived sections, women/ girls and unemployed youth to provide new skills, refine/sharpen/upgrade the existing skills leading to employment, self employment and income generation.
- To follow, adopt & promote Universal declaration of Human Rights of United Nations and Indian Constitution & National International Law.
- To Promote/Solve Cause of Health care, Food problem, housing/ Shelter Problem& Humanitarian relief/ refugees Indigenous people Problem.
WHY LOOK SOCIETY?
The organization was started by a group of young committed professional who have an urge in working towards the development of the hilly state of Uttarakhand. Due to the lack of funding opportunities, most of the time these professional work along with the community in the routine ongoing activities like cleanliness campaign, engaging with children on skill development activities like art and craft, helping vulnerable people by advocating with Government authorities and thereby addressing their needs, support District Authorities in training rural women on livelihood under various National/ State level schemes and many other context specific activities.